Wednesday, September 9, 2009

hand-sewn designer one-of-a-kind Apron - coming together

Here is more of my first hand-sewn designer one-of-a-kind Apron - Spring Flowers in peacock blue Apron - showing both sides.

It is being assembled little by little as it takes a while to sew the parts together by hand.
I now have the main body done which is reversible.
I also have the ties sewn and am now starting to attach the waist band.

I will also add more decorative embroidery stitching I think.
Perhaps more along the ties and maybe the waist band.
I have embroidered by hand the ends of the ties with French knots using 3 colors of thread at once to get a variegated color effect.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely work. Christmas shopping just got a lot easier for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it truly amazing that you do all of this by hand! It must take eons to do just one apron!! My hat is off to you, for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Diana's Zazzle store - My designs OR yours